We invite you to join an upcoming webinar exploring in-depth the critical topic of Western resource adequacy.
Presented by NewsData/Clearing Up/California Energy Markets, "Western Resource Adequacy: Progress, Perils and Paths Forward" will take place online the mornings of Thursday, June 22, and Friday, June 23, featuring leading experts from around the region.
For registration and other information, please visit:
Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of RA opportunities and challenges facing the Western electric system, as it navigates decarbonization, divergent state energy policies, evolving wholesale power markets, climate change, electrification, shifting demand patterns, transmission constraints and other circumstances--all while seeking to maintain reliability and affordability.
The agenda features recent RA assessments from around the region, plus a review of and lessons learned from extreme-weather events.
It also highlights selected institutional approaches to addressing RA, as well as subregional load/resource outlooks for the coming years and key regional transmission issues related to RA.
And a finale energy-leaders panel will tackle putting the RA pieces together for the West, with the Western Resource Adequacy Program and beyond.
We're excited to present the following expert presenters:
- Carrie Bentley, Chief Executive Officer, Gridwell Consulting
- Simone Brant, Senior Analyst, California Public Utilities Commission
- Sarah Edmonds, President and Chief Executive Officer, Western Power Pool
- Melanie Frye, President and Chief Executive Officer, Western Electricity Coordinating Council
- James Gall, Manager of Integrated Resource Planning, Avista Utilities
- Randy Hardy, Principal, Hardy Energy Consulting
- Dor Hirsh Bar Gai, Power System Analyst, Northwest Power and Conservation Council
- Neil Millar, Vice President of Transmission Planning and Infrastructure Development, California Independent System Operator
- Arne Olson, Senior Partner, Energy+Environmental Economics
- Cliff Rechtschaffen, Former Commissioner, California Public Utilities Commission; Former Senior Advisor to Gov. Jerry Brown
- Mark Rothleder, Senior Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, California Independent System Operator
- Nick Schlag, Partner, Energy+Environmental Economics
- Aliza Seelig, Analytics and Policy Director, Pacific Northwest Utilities Conference Committee
- Rebecca Sexton, Director of Reliability Programs, Western Power Pool
- Branden Sudduth, Vice President of Reliability Planning and Performance Analysis, Western Electricity Coordinating Council
- Mike Wilding, Vice President, Energy Supply Management, PacifiCorp
- Steve Wright, former head of Bonneville Power Administration and Chelan PUD; Southwest Power Pool Board Member
We encourage you to register today for this event at www.newsdata.com/conf.